Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Roots and Grass?

As I mentioned earlier, organic eating seemed to me like a diet of roots and grass. It didn't help that the first thing I was given, other than reading material, was a detox tea that tasted like water left over from boiling roots. So I resolved that if I was going to change things, I'd have to train my taste buds accordingly and I wasn't looking forward to it. You might guess that my appetite suffered. I just wasn't excited about putting that stuff in my mouth.

As my education continued, Diane showed my sister and me just what organic food was all about. It turns out that my preconceived notion about the taste was wrong. The foods we brought home from the food store were just as tasty as anything I had eaten before and as a result, my appetite improved dramatically.

There are certain things that I absolutely have to avoid.
No fried foods, no red meat and no sugar.
Cancer thrives on sugar and I certainly didn't want that. This didn't mean that I just avoided adding sugar to my beverages or cereal. If you check the ingredients on labels you'll find that almost every food available has sugar added to it. I cannot even use sugar substitutes, with the exception of stevia, because of the carcinogenic nature of the things they use either directly in or in the making 'process' of the products. Fruits and vegetables that are not grown organically have chemicals and pesticides that have permeated the food and when eaten, actually poison the human body. I could go on and on about what has been allowed to be sold to the American public in the name of progress and the almighty dollar. I'll not do that right now, but if you get a chance to see a documentary titled "Food Inc." do it. It'll explain a lot.

Red meats are out because they are hard on the digestive system. Once the cancer has receded I can then allow myself a steak on occasion.

After I had been at this for a few weeks, I got a call from a friend of mine in Birmingham, Al. He told me about something called Electro Dermal Screening (EDS). He felt like it was a God thing that he found out about my cancer just as he got connected with the EDS people. He said they could use their equipment to find out what I had, where it was located and what to do about it. They had testimonials from people who had been cured from cancer and other diseases. It sounded a bit like hocus pocus to me, but I felt like it was worth checking out, so my sister Beth, Diane and I took a trip to Birmingham to check it out. I took Diane along because she knows a lot more about alternative medicine than I do and by now was an advisor that I trusted whole-heatedly.

Let me explain what EDS is.
It was first developed in Germany about 50 years ago. It is based on Chinese accupuncture in that it uses the body's energy patterns to diagnose a patient's organ dysfunctions even before the physical symptoms manifest themselves. It seems that each organ of the body has it's own frequency and can be measured in resistance. As a matter of fact, the orignal equipment used an ohm meter to measure the resistance. Over the years it has become computerized and more accurate as they have learned the frequencies, not only for each part of the body, but also for the parasites, toxins and metals that enter our bodies. They test each area of the body and look for any interruption of the measurable resistance for each area. If they find an interruption, they can then identify pathogens and toxins that are making the patient sick and ascertain what medicines, supplements and other remedies are helpful (or harmful) to the patient. It does all this quickly, inexpensively and non-invasively.

There is still considerable resistance to EDS in mainstream medicine in the United States because it is based on principles of quantum physics and traditions of energy medicine, which is not understood or taught in medical schools in the United States.

Let me say that after I was tested that first time, and I saw them locate the cancer in my body and tell me of other things that I had going on, now and in the past... I climbed aboard. I might add that Diane was also convinced that this was for real.

To be honest, I don't understand quantum physics myself, but I can attest to what EDS can do for a person with cancer. I will expound on this in a later post.

6 comments:

  1. Dad - I'm so glad you decided to share about your experiences in this blog! I love that you are writing about not just the physical experiences, but also the spiritual side too. You've piqued my interest in the herbal remedies and organic diet that you are doing--especially since the results have been so dramatic so far. I might check out that documentary you mentioned. I want to hear more about all of this, and I look forward to keeping up with your blog! Great idea. I hope you don't mind, I posted a link on my facebook since so many of my friends have been asking about you and praying for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also so glad that you have started this blog. I feel so informed now. I am also glad that you spoke in details about what you remember from the beginning. I did not know how you really felt about what was going on at the time.

    I am also going to put a link to your blog on my page so that other's can keep up with your progress. I will be checking back in regularly.

    I love you dad and I am very proud of you!
    Reesie

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOJN
    STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN A CALL FROM YOU THOW I'VE LEFT 2 MSG'S BUT I REALLY ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG. I WAS SURPRISED TO LEARN WHAT YOU HAD GONE THRU ON YOUR ROAD TO DOING BATTLE. IT WAS LIKE OLD TIMES, OUR SHARING THINGS LIKE WE USED TO DO. THATS WHY I CALL A LOT. TO SHARE IN WHAT YOUR GOING THRU. KIND OF LIKE WHEN I FIRST GOT SICK AND CALLED TO TALK ABOUT THE PROBLEMS I WAS HAVING AND TO SPOUT IT OFF JUST TO SHARE. IT HELPED ME COPE. MY OLD FRIEND DID NOT GIVE E ADVICE, HE JUST LISTENED. IT WAS GOOD FOR ME TO MAKE CONTACT. IT HELPED ME DEAL WITH THE FACT I HAD A TERMINAL ILLNESS. IF I CAN HELP YOU IN ANY WAY SOJN KNOW I/LL DO WHATEVER I CAN.

    WALLY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading...I saw an advertisement for Food, INC at Chipotle recently and have been interested in seeing it. I've been "won over" to the organic side for the last couple years now....just can't always afford it in these times. There are a few farms here that have free range, no hormone and no grain fed animals, just a bit too expensive right now. Appreciate you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, It makes me feel good to know that people are actually reading this and some are even enjoying reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great writing!! You have a gift with words I always knew : ) , but I didn't know you were a writer. Thanks so much for sharing, I'm so glad Diane has been there for you pushing you : ) She is so good at that, I believe it too Johnny. I started fasting in January when we did the fast at church, I gave up soda for good! I have cut out sugar from my diet also, flour, anything that is man made. The other night I fell off the wagon and ate alot of sweets and junk at a birthday party and I was down with a migrane for two days! I do believe in it. Ken and I are here for you, keep up the writing.

    ReplyDelete